We’re all moved into 92 Cleghorn. The move went smooth — 2 hour window for an elevator at Walden and we made it out. Pacing myself, organizing and prioritizing has been my major issue. Anna and I have pushed boxes mostly out of site and are slowly knocking down rooms, one by one. None are actually finished, but taking shape.
My latest obsession is tracking down a bottle or two of Howard Restor-A-Finish. This product is harder to get in Canada than a Payday chocolate bar. I’ve stalked every Home Hardware in the vicinity (think Home Depot, but closet-size) and turned up nothing. My search ended with simply placing an order at a local HH, which also doubles as a feed mill. I love the country.
Observations in the first three weeks:
- Leave light fixture installation (expensive light fixtures anyways) to professionals
- I need to stop tip-toeing on the hardwood
- A vacuum with a good motorized brush is essential for clean carpets
- The “Hold” button on a thermostat probably means you’ll come home to a house set to 30 degress celsius (HOT)
In the coming weeks:
- Install Rubbermaid track shelving in office to display ridiculous amount of useless soundtrack CDs
- Find proper TV mount and install, so we can get our TV up on the wall
- Hack Ikea Besta Adal TV stands
- Organize tchtokes
- Kitchen cupboards — organize
- Put together skids in basement to raise boxes
- Hang drapes in spare bedroom
- Separate clothes and get rid of them
… this list will never end
What a great start to your new blog!
That picture of your house looks amazing…keep up the good work!